My Guide Website?
Bethlehem Half-Day Tour From Jerusalem or Tel Aviv130 Reviews
Discover the birthplace of Christ and King David in the city of Bethlehem, and trace the events of the Nativity in a half-day tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Visit the Greek and the Catholic Church.
- Visit the birthplace of Jesus and the Church of the Nativity
- See the Church of the Shepherd's Field
- Explore the Catholic Church of St. Catherine
- Observe the Mosque of Omar
DescriptionThis half-day excursion takes you to the heart of the biblical story of the Nativity. Drive to Bethlehem to get an overview of the Shepherds' Field and to visit the Church of the Nativity, one of the oldest continuously operating churches in the world. Located on the West Bank , the city is heavily dependent on tourism and thousands come every year to worship or just watch at Manger's Square where Jesus is said to have been born. The city is the birthplace of King David, and means “City of Bread,” as a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region. According to Christian tradition, it is the site of the birth of Jesus. You will visit the Church of Nativity and the cave where Jesus was born. Continue to Manger Square, where Jesus was placed after his birth. Today it is also home to the Mosque of Omar, an important site for the many Muslims who live in the city. Explore the Greek and the Catholic Church. You will get an overview of Shepherd's Fields and visit the church, before your return to Jerusalem. The tour ends at approximately 13:30 at David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem.
IncludesEntry fees Professional guide Transport by air-conditioned coach Hotel Pick-up Food and drink Tips Hotel drop off
- A valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Modest dress is required
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
- Palestinian guide meets tour only at border post
- Change of vehicle is required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory
- The tour ends at 13:30 (approximately) at David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4