Dead Sea Visit & Desert Safari from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv7 Reviews
Explore the lowest place on earth on a 10-hour tour of the Dead Sea from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. Cross the desert by 4WD vehicle and experience the Judean Desert up-close. Float in the Dead Sea, and enjoy its reputed health benefits first-hand.
- Discover the lowest place on earth at the Dead Sea
- Cross the Judean Desert by 4WD jeep
- Enjoy roadside views of the Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found
- Pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan
- See the ancient city of Jericho on the horizon
- Float in the salt rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Benefit from the therapeutic properties of the Dead Sea's black mud
DescriptionTake a 10-hour safari tour of the Judean Desert, and discover the lowest place on earth at the Dead Sea. Available with pick-ups in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, each tour starts with a transfer through a Biblical wilderness. Pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan. Then descend to a point beneath sea level. Enjoy distant views of the Biblical city of Jericho, one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities, and best known as the city that Joshua (Joshua 6) conquered after his troops circled the city walls causing them to fall. Upon arrival at Qumran, see the caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Now kept in the Shrine of the Book in Jerusalem, the Scrolls were kept in good condition for 2,000 years thanks to the lack of humidity in the Dead Sea region. Next, transfer to a 4WD jeep to cross the rough desert terrain. Take a thrilling ride through the desert, negotiating the steep inclines, ravines, sand, and rock. Reach the Cliffs of Dragot and look down on the Dragot River. See the Murbaat Caves with their fascinating square entrances. End your adventure by washing away the dust of the desert and cooling off in the Dead Sea. Change into your bathing suit and float in the mineral rich water. Make use of nature's natural face mask - the Dead Sea black mud - and lather it into your skin to benefit from the mud's therapeutic properties.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned coach Guide Entrance fees Coffee or tea, and a light refreshment Pick-up and drop off service Food and drinks Tips (optional)
- Please bring a hat, bathing suit, towels, comfortable shoes, and flip flops (recommended)
- This tour is not suitable for children under 4 years old
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now