My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Golan Heights Tour26 Reviews
Explore the gems of Northern Israel in this tour. Discover synagogues and tour a historic Kibbutz settlement, all while learning about Israel's fascinating history from a knowledgeable guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tel Aviv:If youʻre booking your trip to Tel Aviv last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Israel: eSIM Mobile Data Roaming Plan
- From Tel Aviv or Jerusalem: Galilee, Nazareth, and More Tour
- From Tel Aviv: Jerusalem Day Trip with Transfer
- From Jerusalem/Tel Aviv: Bethlehem and Dead Sea Day Tour
- From Tel Aviv: Jerusalem and Bethlehem Guided Day Trip
- Visit Katzrin, the Talmudic capital of the Golan
- Overlook at Kuneitra valley from Mount Bental
- Cross the Jordan River at the foot of Golan Heights
- Visit an ancient synagogue
- See the Golan Antiquities Museum
DescriptionTravel through the plain of Armageddon as mentioned in Revelations, and see the Megiddo site of an ancient Biblical city. Reach the southernmost point of the Sea of Galilee and stop to look down on the sea from above and take in the gorgeous pastoral vista, with the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) in the foreground and the undulating Golan Heights forming a dramatic backdrop. Cross the Jordan River at the foot of the Golan Heights and begin the ascent, passing through Hamat Gader, which today is a popular spa destination, just as it was for the Romans almost 2000 years ago. Continue on through the lush green countryside until reaching the Shalom Observatory. Take in a stunning view looking back at the Sea of Galilee beneath, while understanding the strategic importance of the Heights and looking down onto the Israeli city of Tiberias in the distance on the edge of the Sea of Galilee. Move on to Katzrin, where excavations have uncovered a village from the Mishnah and Talmud periods, which has been partially restored for visitors to see the archaeological findings, which include a synagogue, houses, and an oil press. See evidence of former volcanic activity in the Golan Heights as black basalt rock forms part of the landscape. Continue on to Katzrin, a city sometimes referred to as the Capital of the Golan, which has been occupied as far back as the Middle Bronze Age, and where later the Romans, Mamluks, Ottomans, and even French ruled this picturesque city. Explore the Golan Antiquities Museum and see findings from the region and the nearby archeological site, artifacts, and audiovisual presentations about the city of Gamla, while learning about Gamla, the historic Second Temple Era Jewish city which has been excavated nearby. Visit Mount Bental and what remains of Syrian fortifications, with Syrian bunkers, base, and trenches that were captured by the Israelis in the Six-Day War of 1967. Marvel at how close the Syrian border is and gaze down on the Syrian city of Kuneitra just beyond.
IncludesEntry fee Professional guide Transport by air-conditioned coach Hotel pickup & drop-off This tour operates with a minimum of 3 participants
- Modest dress is required for the holy places Hat, comfortable shoes & Sunscreen are recommended This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4 Tour requires a minimum number of participants