From Tel Aviv: Highlights of Jerusalem & the Dead Sea Tour5 Reviews
Explore the highlights of Jerusalem and the Dead Sea with a professional tour guide on this full-day tour. Discover Old Jerusalem, visit the Western Wall, and explore the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The enjoy a relaxing swim in the beautiful Dead Sea.
- Discover the highlights of Jerusalem and the Dead Sea with a professional tour guide
- Walk the Via Dolorosa
- Visit the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Enjoy panoramic views of the old and new city of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives
- Float in the mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea
DescriptionYour first stop in Jerusalem is the Mount of Olives where you can look out across the ancient city. As you descend the Mount of Olives you'll see the Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of All Nations with its colorful mosaic pediment, and the Jewish burial tombs of Zechariah, Absalom and BeneiHazir. Pass through the Kidron Valley and follow the walls of the Old City to the entrance to the Armenian Quarter. Walk along the Cardo where Crusader shops once lined the street, now home to modern up-market stores. Next, visit the Jewish Quarter and the Western Wall (Kotel or Wailing Wall). This wall is the last remaining wall of the Jewish Temple which was destroyed in 70 A.D. Jews gather here at all hours of the night and day to pray. You can place a prayer note in the cracks between the huge stones of the wall. Then, walk the Via Dolorosa or the Way of the Cross. The Via Dolorosa wends its way through the Old City lanes and markets. Each of the 14 Stations of the Cross where Jesus paused is marked with an explanation of the events. We reach the last point on this holy route at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, constructed on the site where Jesus was crucified at Golgotha. After seeing the highlights of Jerusalem, your journey takes you out of Jerusalem and past the city of Jericho to the Dead Sea. The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth at about 400 meters below sea level. After an exciting day of sightseeing, relax with a refreshing swim in the famous sea. The Dead Sea is 9.6 times saltier than the ocean and the high saline content will keep you afloat so you can pose for a classic photo while reading a newspaper. At the end of your tour, you'll be transferred back to your hotel in Tel Aviv.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Government licensed tour guide All entrance fees Air-conditioned vehicle Food and drink Insurance
- Modest clothing (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head coverings are required for visiting holy places
- Hotel pickup is provided from centrally located hotels only. The supplier will confirm the pickup time and address. If your hotel is not central, you will be sent the address of the closest meeting point
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability