My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Masada & Dead Sea Full Day Tour with Pick Up1275 Reviews
Explore the Dead Sea and the ancient ruins of Masada on a full-day guided tour from Tel Aviv. Ascend by cable car to King Herod’s mountain fortress, before floating in the Dead Sea waters.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tel Aviv:If youʻre booking your trip to Tel Aviv last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take in the dramatic views from 1,300 feet at the fortified palace of Masada
- Marvel at the scenery as you ascend to the top of the mountain by cable car
- Take a refreshing swim or float in the mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Learn the history of King Herod's fortress at Masada from your tour guide
- See the impressive Qumran caves, where the ancient Dead Sea Scrolls were found
DescriptionEmbark on a full-day guided tour from Tel Aviv to the Judean Hills and the shores of the Dead Sea by bus. Visit the ancient palace of Masada, ride a cable car, and admire the Qumran caves on your drive back. Perched on a high plateau, the ancient fortified palace of Masada became a refuge for Zealots who took a stand against the Romans, until the mass suicide of the zealots in 73 AD. The ruins sit precariously on a plateau some 1,300 feet above sea level and measure 2,000-foot long by 1,000-foot wide. They boast extraordinary views of the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert. It is an exhausting climb, but we will ascend by cable car to make life easier. Explore the fortress built by King Herod in around 37 BC. Visit the remains of the palaces and see mosaic floors, Roman baths, and other findings. Masada was also home to the oldest synagogue in Israel, but one of the most remarkable features is the 12 water cisterns, each with a capacity of up to 140,000 cubic feet. Following the tour of Masada, you will drive to the Dead Sea Mineral Beach located in the Jordan Rift Valley, between Jordan and the West Bank. It is the lowest place on earth and its high density of salt makes for a unique experience as you float on the beautiful aquamarine surface. Take a mud bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud. You will then drive back to Tel Aviv, with an on-route view of the Qumran cave, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
IncludesEntry fees to the Dead Sea Round trip cable car ride Entry fees to Masada Professional guide Transport by air-conditioned coach Pick-up and drop-off
- A hat, bathing suit, towels, comfortable shoes, and flip flops are recommended
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4