From Tel Aviv: Masada & Dead Sea Full Day Tour with Pick Up729 Reviews
Explore the Dead Sea and the ancient ruins of Masada on a full-day tour. Ascend by cable car to King Herod’s mountain fortress, before floating in the mineral rich Dead Sea waters. On return drive view Qumeran Caves from the roadside.
- Full day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea from Tel Aviv
- Ascend to the top of the mountain by cable car
- Float in the mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Visit the magnificent King Herod fortress at Masada
- See panoramic views of the Dead Sea and Rift Valley
- Roadside view of The Good Samaritan, the symbol of the parable of Jesus on the Good Samaritan
- Roadside view of Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found
DescriptionThis full day tour from Tel Aviv takes you to the Judean Hills and the shores of the Dead Sea, and to the site of one of the most remarkable stories in Jewish history. Perched on a high plateau, the ancient fortified palace of Masada became a refuge for Zealots who took a stand against the Romans, until the mass suicide of the zealots in 73 AD. The ruins sit precariously on a plateau some 1,300 feet above sea level and measure 2,000-foot long by 1,000-foot wide. They boast extraordinary views of the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert. It is an exhausting climb, but we will ascend by cable car to make life easier! Explore the fortress built by King Herod in around 37 BC. Visit the remains of the palaces and see mosaic floors, Roman baths and other findings. Masada was also home to the oldest synagogue in Israel, but one of the most remarkable features are the 12 water cisterns, each with a capacity of up to 140,000 cubic feet. Following the tour of Masada you will drive to the Dead Sea Mineral Beach. Located in the Jordan Rift Valley, between Jordan and the West Bank, it is the lowest place on earth and its high density of salt makes for a unique experience as you float on the beautiful aquamarine surface. Take a mud-bath and benefit from the therapeutic qualities of the natural Dead Sea mud. You will then drive back to Tel Aviv, with an on route view of the Qumeran cave, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
IncludesEntry fees to the Dead Sea Round trip cable car & entry fees to Masada Professional guide Transport by air-conditioned coach Pick-up and drop-off Food and Drinks Tips (recommended)
- A hat, bathing suit, towels, comfortable shoes, and flip flops are recommended
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability