My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Masada Sunrise, Ein Gedi & Dead Sea Hike28 Reviews
Discover the highlights of the lowest place on earth! Marvel at one of the world’s most spectacular sunrises as you hike up to Masada fortress, enjoy the lush green desert oasis of Ein Gedi, and experience the unique environment of the Dead Sea.
- Hike up the famous snake path and see the sun slowly rise
- Explore the fascinating ruins of the Masada fortress
- Cool off by the many freshwater pools at Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Enjoy floating in the Dead Sea and relish its therapeutic mud
DescriptionFrom Tel Aviv, hop on the minivan early in the morning, and drive towards the Jordan valley, passing magnificent desert landscape. Follow the famous Snake Path up to the top of the cliff of the Masada fortress, while the cool night slowly turns into day, and watch a spectacular sunrise over the Dead Sea and the Jordanian mountains. You’ll have plenty of time to unravel the history of one of the biggest tales of Jewish heroism among the excavated ruins, before descending again. The journey continues at Ein Gedi Nature Reserve, a green oasis situated in the middle of the surrounding Judean Desert. Walk past its refreshing springs, waterfalls and wildlife, or even dip into one of the many freshwater pools to cool off. Eventually, you will get to rest your feet in the therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea, experience the unique sensation of floating effortlessly, and cover your skin in its healing mud. In the afternoon, you will arrive back in Tel Aviv fully refreshed, with many memories to take home!
IncludesFull transportation Guiding materials Lunch and drinks Entrance to Masada (₪31)
- Basic Physical fitness is required for this 1-hour hike
- The tour is self-guided: it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials, but no live tour guide
- Things to bring: passport, sunscreen, walking shoes, bathing suit, towel, hat & water
- Please note that you will need to enter your passport numbers during booking