My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Petra 1-Day Guided Tour with Transfers67 Reviews
Discover Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Depart from Tel Aviv in an air-conditioned coach. Cross the border with an experienced guide. Explore the history and culture of Petra on a guided tour.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Petra, one of the 7 wonders of the world, led by an experienced local English speaking guide
- Have time to experience the city on your own
- Travel to and from Tel Aviv in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
DescriptionMeet your guide at the central pickup point in Tel Aviv. Start your trip at 3:00 AM so that you can arrive in Petra early enough to enjoy a full day of sightseeing. Travel to the Arava Border. At the border, your guide will assist you with entering Jordan. Drive from the border to Petra in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle. Enjoy the ride across the vast highway known as the “desert way.” Journey down a scenic mountain route along the mountainside. Arrive at Petra at approximately 11:30 AM and embark on a guided tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the 7 wonders of the world. Explore the sandstone city built in the 3rd century by the Nabataeans. Discover the palaces, temples, tombs, storerooms, and stables that were all carved into the soft stone cliffs. Marvel at the Greek-style pillars of the Treasury – a masterpiece of masonry work. Walk through the tombs known as the Street of Facades. Visit the 7,000-seat theater. Journey back towards Aqaba at 4:30 PM. Stop along the way at observation points and take in the beautiful landscape of Wadi Rum. At 7:30 PM return to Israel.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Tel Aviv, Transportation to all sites Assistance with the border crossing Entry fees to Petra Guided tour Bottle of water
- Please note, modest clothing is recommended (no short skirts, low cut shirts or bare midriffs). Headscarves are not required
- Suggested tip for group tours to Jordan is $5 per person per day for the driver and guide. The provider pays the guides and drivers fairly and in most cases above the market, rate to ensure that they have the most talented and high-quality representatives. However, tips are a huge part of the tourism culture in this region and a great signal of your appreciation and motivator for our team to do their jobs to the highest possible quality. We ask that you follow the customs and tip in order for us to ensure a high-quality experience for customers now and beyond
- Please bring passports, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, scarf, ATM card or cash, US Dollars or Jordanian Dinar for tips, and comfortable walking shoes
- Please arrive at the pickup location 15-minutes prior to the pickup time
- Small delays can sometimes occur at the border, or other points during the tour