My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Petra 2-Day Tour125 Reviews
See the treasures of Jordan on this original tour of the ancient city Petra. Enjoy a special overnight stay in a unique Bedouin camp lodge, with full transportation to and from Tel Aviv.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tel Aviv:If youʻre booking your trip to Tel Aviv last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Israel: eSIM Mobile Data Roaming Plan
- From Tel Aviv or Jerusalem: Galilee, Nazareth, and More Tour
- From Tel Aviv: Jerusalem Day Trip with Transfer
- From Jerusalem/Tel Aviv: Bethlehem and Dead Sea Day Tour
- From Tel Aviv: Jerusalem and Bethlehem Guided Day Trip
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Taste traditional local food
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality
- See beautiful landscapes
DescriptionOur two fully-packed days begin in Tel Aviv, as we head toward the Jordanian border. We cross at the King Hussein / Allenby border, and enter Jordan, driving through the Judean desert for about an hour. We continue towards Madaba, an ancient Jordanian city, and go up to the viewpoint of Mount Nebo. Then we will have lunch. From here we will go to a Bedouin camp near Petra where you will enjoy Bedouin hospitality, including an Arab-style dinner and a comfortable bed for the night. Before going to sleep, sit beneath the clear desert skies and stargaze, as you drink a cup of delicious Bedouin tea.. On the second day we will tour Petra. One of the seven wonders of the world, and Jordan’s most treasured attraction, Petra is an unforgettable place. It was carved into the red rocks of the soaring cliffs in the early 1st century as the tomb of a Nabataean king, and was hidden under sand for centuries before recently becoming accessible again. We will enter through the Siq, a narrow gorge, and tour the Treasury and Amphitheater with our guide who will explain the sites and history as you marvel at the beauty of each structure. Then you will have free time to continue individually as you wish: climb to the Royal Tombs, walk down the Roman Cardo, hike up to the Monastery, and explore the different sites. We will meet up for lunch in Wadi Musa before returning back to Jerusalem via the Allenby border crossing. This fully guided tour, including full transportation and comprehensive information, can be further enhanced by using our travel app for smartphones and tablets. The app provides you with maps, information and pictures, can be downloaded for free on our site before you embark on the trip so it will not require an internet connection. You can also explore the sites on your own, without the guide, if you prefer to do so. For more information on the sites we’ll be passing, download our free travel app to your smartphone.
IncludesTransportation during the trip Tour guide Entrance fees Meals (1st day: lunch and dinner, 2nd day: breakfast and lunch) Accommodation in Bedouin campsite Travel app for smartphones & tablets
- Most Western countries receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival, or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance
- This tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions
- If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact the supplier prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings