My Guide Website?
Jerusalem & Dead Sea Full-Day Tour from Tel Aviv240 Reviews
Discover the ancient city of Jerusalem on a full day tour to the Mount of Olives, Jewish and Christian Quarters, Cardo and more. Continue along the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and then drive to the Dead Sea to float weightless.
- Walk through the Old City of Jerusalem following thousands of years of history
- Visit the site of the Resurrection of Christ
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Drive through the Rift Valley
- Learn the history of Jerusalem with an expert Government licensed guide
- Stop at Mount Zion to visit King David's tomb
DescriptionThis full-day tour takes you to the holiest of holy cities, spiritual sanctuary to the 3 great religions of the Western world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Dating back over 4 millennia, the Old City is so packed with sites that it draws visitors from around the world, whatever their spiritual leanings. You will be traveling with a Government licensed tour guide in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles, although there will be some walking, so come prepared. You will stop at the Mount of Olives to take a panoramic view of the dusty city below. Enter the Old City and tour the major attractions, such as the Wailing Wall. Walk through the Jewish and Christian quarters and the Cardo, still visible on Jewish Quarter Street. Head through the bazaar towards the Western Wall, or Kotel, and proceed along the Via Dolorosa to visit the Church of Holy Sepulcher, also known as Church of the Resurrection and said to be the place where Jesus is buried. An essential place of pilgrimage for Christians since at least the 4th-Century, whatever your beliefs the atmosphere is mesmerizing. Leaving Jerusalem behind, you will drive to the Dead Sea, or “Sea of Salt.” Located in the Jordan Rift Valley between Jordan and the West Bank, it is the lowest place on earth and its high density of salt makes for a unique experience as you float on the beautiful aquamarine surface. You will stop to relax at one of the resorts on the shores of the Dead Sea and enjoy the opportunity to float while covering yourself with the mineral rich, therapeutic Dead Sea mud. Its health-giving properties have turned it in to a major spa destination with a variety of unique bath products for sale in the hotels and shops. Purchase some bath salts and skin creams to take home, before heading back to your hotel in Tel Aviv, Netanya or Herzliy.
IncludesPick up from hotel Transportation Government licensed tour guide Entrance fees to sites. Meals Tips
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy places
- Hotel pick up is provided from centrally located hotels only. The supplier will confirm the pick-up time and address. If your hotel is not central, you will be sent the address of the closest meeting point