My Guide Website?
Petra and Wadi Rum: 3-Day Guided Tour from Tel Aviv41 Reviews
See Jordan’s top sights on this 3-day trip from Tel Aviv. Spend 2 nights under the desert skies in a Bedouin camp, explore the iconic Petra, and drive through the vast desert of Wadi Rum.
- Experience 3 fully-guided days of Jordan’s highlights
- Admire the stunning contrast of desert landscapes, fertile plains and vibrant cities
- See the rose-red city of Petra, one of the new seven world wonders
- Stay in an authentic Bedouin camp with traditional dinner and comfortable tents
- Ride a 4x4 jeep through the Mars-like desert of Wadi Rum
DescriptionSee everything Jordan has to offer on this three-day tour from Tel Aviv. See Petra, visit a Bedouin camp, and marvel at the clear, starry skies of the desert. Day 1Begin your tour in Tel Aviv, and head toward the Jordanian border. Enter Jordan at the Allenby Bridge border, and drive through the arid desert for about an hour before enjoying a delicious local lunch. Continue through the stunning desert landscape of Wadi Rum, virtually untouched by humanity. Travel through the moon-like landscape in a 4×4 Jeep and marvel at the red sand dunes, towering cliffs of weathered stone, and desert animals in the light of a beautiful sunset. End your first evening at a Bedouin camp near Petra with an Arab-style dinner and a comfortable bed. Before going to sleep, sit beneath the clear desert skies and stargaze as you drink a cup of delicious Bedouin tea. Day 2Early the next morning, enjoy a quick breakfast before heading to Petra. Explore this world-famous archeological site in the morning with your guide before taking a lunch break at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, explore the other areas of Petra, including the monastery, on your own, before heading back to the Bedouin camp for another delicious dinner. Day 3Enjoy breakfast at the campsite and then head to Madaba, an ancient Jordanian city. Walk up to the viewpoint of Mount Nebo for a panoramic view. Relax with lunch and then head back to the Allenby Bridge border crossing, arriving back in Tel Aviv in the afternoon.
IncludesFull transportation Guide Entrance fees - Jerash & Wadi Rum Breakfast on second and third day Lunch all three days Dinner on first and second day Accommodation in Bedouin campsite Custom-made travel app for smartphones and tablets
- What to bring:
- Valid passport
- Money for border crossings, souvenirs, and tips
- Warm clothes for the night Important note: religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unfortunately unable to be accommodated on this tour. Visa Information:
- Most Western countries receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance
- For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a visa on arrival or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance
- Please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions
- If you have Israeli citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact the local tour operator prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings