Petra, Jerash and Amman: 2-Day Tour From Tel Aviv27 Reviews
Come see the highlights of Jordan on this guided tour from Tel Aviv. You’ll experience Jerash, one of the world’s best preserved Roman cities, the country’s capital Amman, and the world wonder Petra, while staying overnight in an authentic Bedouin camp.
- Enjoy 2 days of guided tours through Jordan’s highlights from Tel Aviv
- Visit one of the New Seven World Wonders: Petra
- Explore the ancient Roman city of Jerash
- Discover the busy streets of Amman
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality and a traditional dinner during your overnight stay in a Bedouin camp
DescriptionEarly in the morning, the shuttle will pick you up from Abraham Hostel Tel Aviv, drive through Jerusalem, and then you’ll head north. Enjoy stunning views of the fertile landscape along the Israeli side of the Jordan valley, slowly turning into the dusty terrain of Jordan’s North after you cross the border at the Sheikh Hussein Bridge. Your first stop is Jerash, known to be one of the world’s best preserved Roman cities. The impressive Hadrian’s arch marks the entrance to colonnaded streets, theatres, temples, and a hippodrome. Walking among these will take you on a journey through time, while your guide shares stories of the city’s glorious past, and how it was once ruled by Alexander the Great. Continue to the capital city Amman, where you will drive by sites such as the Royal Palace and King Hussein National Mosque, and get a general overview of the city. Before moving on from Amman, you’ll get to taste a delicious local sweet, called Knafeh. An authentic Bedouin campsite will welcome you for a campfire dinner and a good night’s sleep in one of the comfortable tents. The nomadic Bedouins have inhabited the desert for thousands of years, and are famous for their extensive hospitality. After breakfast the next morning, it’s time to visit the UNESCO site of Petra. Carved into the red rocks by the Nabateans some 2,000 years ago, it hasn’t lost any of its magic. Your guide will lead you through the Siq, serving as an entrance corridor to the ancient city that eventually opens up to the iconic Treasury. From here, you’ll continue towards the Royal Tombs, the 3,000 seat amphitheatre, the Monastery and much more, each a stunning example of perfectly symmetrical Hellenistic architecture. Enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant, before returning to Tel Aviv via the Allenby crossing in the late evening.
IncludesFull transportation and guiding All entrance fees Meals (1st day: lunch and dinner, 2nd day: breakfast and lunch) - Religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unfortunately unable to be accommodated on this tour Accommodation in Bedouin campsite Custom-made travel app for smartphones & tablets Border taxes of $101 in total ($86 payable on the first day, incl. 31$ Israeli tax and 57$ Jordanian tax, payable in US Dollars, Euros, or local currency. $14 payable on third day for Jordanian Exit fee of 10 Dinar (payable only in Jordanian Dinar) Room upgrade Travel insurance
- What to bring: - Valid passport - Money for border crossings - Warm clothes for night Visa Information: Most Western countries receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival, or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance. Please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions. If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact the supplier prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability