My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Bethlehem Half-Day Historical Guided Tour4 Reviews
Discover the birthplace of Christ and King David in Bethlehem, and trace the events of the nativity story on a half-day tour from Tel Aviv. Visit the Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches of Shepherds' Field.
- Uncover the history behind some of the world's most sacred Christian sites
- Visit the Church of the Nativity, built over the cave where Jesus was born
- Marvel at the Gothic architecture inside the Church of Saint Catherine
- Observe the Islamic landmark of the Mosque of Omar in Manger Square
- See the 2 churches dedicated to the memory of Shepherd’s Field in Beit-Sahur
DescriptionTravel to the heart of the biblical story of the nativity on this guided half-day excursion from Tel Aviv. Drive to Bethlehem to gain an insight into Shepherds' Field and visit the Church of the Nativity, one of the oldest continuously operating churches in the world. Located on the West Bank, the city is the birthplace of King David and means “City of Bread” as a result of the wheat crop that grew in the region. Pay a visit to the Church of the Nativity and the cave where, according to Christian tradition, Mary gave birth to Jesus. Continue to Manger Square, home to the Mosque of Omar, an important site for the many Muslims who live in the city. Explore Shepherds' Field by seeing the lesser-known Greek Orthodox monastery. Then, visit the Roman Catholic Shepherds' Field chapel where angels first announced the birth of Christ. After getting an overview of the pilgrimage center, conclude the tour in Jerusalem.
IncludesEntry fees Professional guide Transport by air-conditioned coach Hotel pickup from Tel Aviv Drop-off in Jerusalem
ExcludesFood and drink Tips Hotel drop-off
- A valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Modest clothing is mandatory
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
- The Palestinian guide meets the tour at the border post
- Change of vehicle is required for entry to Palestinian territory