My Guide Website?
From Tel Aviv: Jericho, Jordan River, and the Dead Sea1 Reviews
Discover many of the biblical highlights of Israel on a Christian-focused tour that includes exploring Jericho, the Jordan River, and the Dead Sea. Explorer Elisha's spring, the Mount of Temptation, and more on this extensive tour from Tel Aviv.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tel Aviv:If youʻre booking your trip to Tel Aviv last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Israel: eSIM Mobile Data Roaming Plan
- From Tel Aviv or Jerusalem: Galilee, Nazareth, and More Tour
- From Tel Aviv: Jerusalem Day Trip with Transfer
- From Jerusalem/Tel Aviv: Bethlehem and Dead Sea Day Tour
- From Tel Aviv: Jerusalem and Bethlehem Guided Day Trip
- See the ancient city of Jericho and see where Joshua made the city walls fall
- Explore the biblical sites along the journey from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea
- Visit the sycamore tree in Jericho, made famous by the Biblical tale of Zacchaeus
DescriptionDeparting from Tel Aviv, this tour begins with a drive through the hills of the Judean Desert, descending south from Jerusalem down winding mountain roads until you are below sea level. On the way, you will see the Inn of the Good Samaritan where Jesus set his famous parable. You will also get to stop at the sign indicating sea level. From here, there are stunning views across the desert. The tour takes you to the ancient city of Jericho, located at the northern end of the Dead Sea. This desert oasis city is the lowest city in the world and said to also be the oldest continually inhabited city in the world. The Old Testament states that the walls of Jericho fell when Joshua’s troops marched around the walls for seven days. Jericho also features in the Book of Mark when Jesus healed a blind man as he left the city. Entering Jericho, the tour takes you to the site of another Biblical event. See the famous sycamore tree which Zacchaeus climbed to get a better view of Jesus as he entered the city surrounded by followers. Leaving Jericho, head to the Mount of Temptation which overlooks the city. This is said to be where Jesus retreated to meditate in the wilderness. While here, the Devil tried to tempt Jesus to forsake God. Halfway up the side of this 366-meter high peak, the Greek Orthodox Monastery of the Temptation clings to the cliffs. A cable car takes you up to the top of the mount where you can tour the monastery and enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views of the desert and the Dead Sea. The next stop is at the site of Jesus’ baptism. Qar el Yahud (or the Castle of the Jews) is on the River Jordan not far from Jericho. This is also thought to have been the place where the Israelites crossed into the Promised Land and where the Prophet Elijah ascended to heaven. Here, you may have the opportunity to be baptized in the Jordan River. The last stop on this tour is at the Dead Sea. You are taken to one of the best Dead Sea beaches where you can relax and enjoy the benefits of the Dead Sea’s natural minerals. Try smothering your skin with the black Dead Sea mud for a natural health and beauty treatment. At the end of the day, after experiencing must-see sites, you will return to the pick-up point.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional guide Transport by air-conditioned vehicle All entrance fees
- The tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4.
- Holders of diplomatic or foreign passports and 3-month entry permits are exempt from VAT payment per Israeli law. You will be required to provide valid passport details to avoid being charged VAT.