My Guide Website?
Jerusalem/Tel Aviv: Bethlehem, Jericho and Jordan River Tour496 Reviews
On this guided tour, combine history with religion as you tour the cities of Bethlehem and Jericho. Explore Bethlehem, a UNESCO listed city for its religious significance and discover the many important religious sites found in Jericho.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tel Aviv:If youʻre booking your trip to Tel Aviv last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit to the historic churches in Bethlehem
- Ride through the Judean Desert to the lowest place on earth
- Click pictures at the sea level point overlooking the oldest city
- Follow biblical stories at the Sycamore Tree and Elijah Spring.
- Embrace diverse cultures shaping Bethlehem and Jericho's past and present.
DescriptionAfter being picked up from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem depending on your booking option, travel to Bethlehem where you will meet your guide before heading into the old city of Bethlehem. Enjoy a guided visit to the Church of the Nativity. Continue your tour with a visit to the Milk Grotto Church before riding to the city of the shepherds, Bayt Sahur where you will visit the Chapel of the Shepherds Field before getting to visit an olive wood factory where you will see artisans crafting wooden sculptures. Then journey through the wonderful Judean Desert to the lowest point on earth. Have chances to stop and take pictures at the sea level point in the desert overlooking the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, Jericho. Drive into Jericho where you will see some of the famed sights in the city including Zaccheus's Tree which is mentioned in the bible. Itinerary in Detail - Best Bethlehem, Jericho and Jordan River Tour Explore Bethlehem for 4-5 hours, starting at about 8:30 AM in Bethlehem Shepherds Field (30 Minutes): Visit a charming place where the Christmas story happened. Milk Grotto Church (10 Minutes): Experience calm and peace in this spiritual church. Nativity Church (60 Minutes): Learn about Bethlehem's history at this important place. Note that Grotto visits may not be possible unless booked VIP option Zuluf Olive Wood Factory & Community Store (25 Minutes): Watch skilled craftsmen at work and shop for handcrafted items, No Lunch Breaks: Enjoy convenient falafel and chicken shawarma sandwiches for takeout Jericho and Beyond Sea Level Stop (5 Minutes): Take a moment to appreciate the significance of this location at sea level. Saint Gerasimous Monastery (15 Minutes): Discover the history of Saint Gerasimous Monastery in Jericho. Jordan River (30 Minutes): Reflect by the Jordan River, a place with deep biblical meaning. Hisham Palace (30 Minutes): Explore Hisham Palace, where old architecture tells stories from the past. Old City of Jericho (30 Minutes): Step back in time as you explore the ancient tales of Jericho's Old City. The Sycamore Tree (5 Minutes): See the Sycamore Tree linked to the story of Zacchaeus from the Bible. Elijah Spring (5 Minutes): Enjoy the peaceful Elijah Spring, a calm oasis in the desert landscape.
IncludesTransportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Licensed guide in Bethlehem only 1 bottle of water
- We don't visit the Birth Grotto unless you've booked the VIP option because the wait can be long, usually 1 to 3 hours, depending on the season. Also, please avoid scheduling for Sunday mornings or holidays, as the Grotto is usually closed during those times.
- You'll meet your Bethlehem tour guide after you cross the border. A change of vehicle will be required
- The visit to Jericho and Jordan River is self-guided by a driver