My Guide Website?
Tel Aviv: Masada National Park and Dead Sea Excursion6 Reviews
Explore the stunning Masada National Park and the breathtaking Dead Sea on this day trip from Tel Aviv. Visit the ruins of King Herod’s place, ride above scenic landscapes in a cable car, and float in the famous salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea.
- Enjoy a full-day tour to Masada and the Dead Sea
- Ascend to the top of Masada by cable car
- Float in the famous salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea
- Relax with hotel pick up and drop-off from Tel Aviv/Netanya/Herzliva
- Admire panoramic views of the Dead Sea and Rift Valley Qumran
DescriptionThe tour begins with pickup from your hotel and departs Tel Aviv via the Judean Hills, heading towards the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth. As you descend below sea level along the route, pass through the Biblical wilderness of the landscape and learn about the history-rich region from your guide. On the way, keep an eye out for the ‘Inn of the Good Samaritan’ and stop on route to admire the desert that stretches out before you and marvel at the ancient city of Jericho that can be seen in the distance. Upon arrival at the shores of the Dead Sea, notice the salt encrusted shores and follow the coastline towards Masada. Although it's impossible to climb the Snake Path up to Masada as the Romans did 2000 years ago, there is a convenient cable car to the top of the mountain plateau. Learn about how King Herod built a fortified palace here, with a swimming pool and even a synagogue. Head back down to the Dead Sea and pass the desert oasis of Ein Gedi, home to lush foliage and gorgeous waterfalls and the place where David hid from angry King Saul. The tour will also pass by Qumran, where the 2000-year-old Dead Sea scrolls were discovered in a number of hillside caves. The tour ends at the Dead Sea, which was once a contender for a title of the Seven Wonders of the World. Enjoy a swim in the sea, which is world-famous for its therapeutic mineral-rich waters, and float around as you relax after a busy day of sightseeing.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional guide Air-conditioned vehicle Cable car up to Masada Includes entrance fees
- Holders of diplomatic or foreign passports and 3-month entry permits are exempt from VAT payment per Israeli law. You will be required to provide valid passport details to avoid being charged VAT.