My Guide Website?
Jerusalem & Bethlehem Full Day Tour from Tel Aviv85 Reviews
Discover the spiritual city of Jerusalem on a full day tour to the Mount of Olives, Jewish and Armenian Quarters, Cardo and more. Continue along the Via Dolorosa to the Church of Holy Sepulcher and then drive to Bethlehem to the Church of Nativity.
- Walk through the Old City of Jerusalem following thousands of years of history
- Visit the site of the Resurrection of Christ
- Learn the history of Jerusalem with an expert Government licensed guide
- See the place where Jesus was born
DescriptionThis full-day tour takes you to the holiest of holy cities, spiritual sanctuary to the 3 great religions of the Western world, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Dating back over 4 millennia the Old City is so packed with sites that it draws visitors from around the world, whatever their spiritual leanings. You will be traveling with a government licensed tour guide in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles, although there will be some walking, so come prepared. You will stop at the Mount of Olives to take in a panoramic view of the dusty city below. Enter the Old City and tour the major attractions, such as the Wailing Wall, Temple Mount and Dome of the Rock. Walk through the Jewish and Armenian Quarters and the recently restored Roman road of The Cardo, visible on Jewish Quarter Street. Head through the bazaar towards the Western Wall, or Kotel, and proceed along the Via Dolorosa to visit the Church of Holy Sepulcher, also known as Church of the Resurrection and said to be the place where Jesus is buried and was resurrected. An essential place of pilgrimage for Christians since at least the 4th-Century, whatever your beliefs the atmosphere is mesmerizing. Leaving Jerusalem behind, you will drive to Bethlehem to get an overview of Shepherds' Field and to visit the Church of the Nativity, one of the oldest continuously operating churches in the world. Located on the West Bank in Palestine, the city is heavily dependent on tourism and thousands come every year to worship or just watch at Manger's Square where Jesus is said to have been born. Now pedestrianized, the square is surrounded by streets named after the Lord, including Star Street and Nativity Street. It is also home to the city’s only mosque and the Palestinian Peace Center. Take a moment to reflect or pop in to one of the handicraft shops, before the drive back to Tel Aviv, Netanya or Herzliy.
IncludesPick up from central hotels Transportation Government licensed tour guide Entrance fees to sites.
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy places.
- Passports are essential for this trip
- Hotel pick up is provided from centrally located hotels only. The supplier will confirm the pick-up time and address. If your hotel is not central, you will be sent the address of the closest meeting point