My Guide Website?
Masada at Sunrise, Ein Gedi, & Dead Sea from Jerusalem122 Reviews
From Jerusalem, head south and climb Masada as the sun rises, illuminating the surrounding desert and Dead Sea. Then to the stunning Ein Gedi Oasis Nature Reserve for a hike and then finish the day by floating and swimming at the magnificent Dead Sea.
- Climb Masada Desert Fortress as the sun rises
- Tour the fortress ruins and see the amazing views
- Hike at the oasis at Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Relax and float in the magnificent Dead Sea
DescriptionFrom the Old City of Jerusalem, drive to Southern Israel for a brilliant day amongst nature. Hike in the cool darkness to the very top of the ancient desert fortress of Masada before bathing in the healing, salty waters of the Dead Sea. You will watch the day begin with a spectacular sunrise over the Moab Mountains and the Judean Desert. Then at the top of the mountain, discover the history of one the greatest Jewish symbols of hope and pride. You will ascend and descend the mountain fortress by the famous Snake Path. Then, continue on to the real highlight of the tour, a walk through the stunning Ein Gedi nature reserve with its natural springs, waterfalls and amazing desert plants and wildlife. After your long walk you will be ready to rest your tired feet and float effortlessly in the healing waters of the Dead Sea or take a bath in the therapeutic mud at the lowest place on Earth: A truly unique experience that will leave you relaxed and fortified. Once fully refreshed and treated, you will be ready to make your homeward journey to Jerusalem.
IncludesTransport to all sites Guiding materials Lunch and drinks Ein Gedi entrance (NIS 29) Guide Masada entrance (NIS 29) Optional) One-way cable-car ride (NIS 29)
- A physical fitness is required for this great 1hr hike. The tour is self-guided: it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials, but no actual guide. Things to bring: passport, sunscreen, walking shoes, bathing suit, towel, hat & water. Please note: You will need to enter your passport number. After clicking on the 'Book Now' button a booking form will show up. After you filled-in all the necessary information enter your passport number in the field 'remarks for the local operator'.